Private Health Insurance
We highly recommend applying for Private Health Insurance if you belong to the following categories:
- You are an intern in Germany for less than a year, please contact us
- You are a short term exchange student in Germany, please contact us
- If you require an insurance product that is unique and suited to your specific needs, please contact us
Key Benefits At a Glance:
Many people opt for a private fund due to extensive services *.
- Comprehensive reimbursement for dental treatment
- Alternative Treatments
- Naturopathy and Psychotherapy
- Comfort treatment, short waiting times, short-term appointments
* Depending on the contract individually selectable. You pay only for what you really need.
Checklist For Private Health Insurance:
Before you decide on a provider and sign the insurance contract, you can check with some features to decide if the insurance meets your needs.
- Post Stability : The company offers a solid financial basis and to operate successfully in the market. This has influence on the calculation of contributions , so that your posts are in good hands and thus remain stable over time.
- Range of tariffs : The insurance has several tariff options to choose from which you can choose. So get yourself in the long term good value for money.
- The company offers reimbursement of contributions , eg. for unused services.
- The insurance pays medical bills submitted and unhurried
- The company offers both tariffs that are on the market for a long time, as well as those that are available only a few years (10 years or less). Then you can better optimize your plan later if needed.
- Service quality : Check the health insurance offers good contacts. These include a possible free, at least Monday through Friday achievable Hotline.
- Unless you put a value on local contacts to have, check this before.
Some aspects are difficult to assess for outsiders and new customers. Therefore check current PHI with reviews and rankings . These often contain information about service quality or the financial situation of the providers.